The following eligibility criteria will be used by the selection committee:
- Students should have declared engineering major (e.g., electrical, computer, mechanical, transportation, aerospace, material, and chemical, among others).
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their sophomore year of their undergraduate program. In case of Graduate students, they should have finished at least their 1st year.
- Particular attention will be given to student’s overall achievement in the related courses.
- The applicants’ essay and the letters of recommendation will be used to gauge their interest or commitment to research generally and in sustainable transportation research specifically, and their future career plans.
- Students must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Students should have a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00.
In exceptional cases, we will interview students to judge their readiness to participate in the program.